Saturday, October 2, 2010

Greune, TX

So, I'm a few weeks behind on the timeline. Oh well...It's here now!

The Roebuck's were quite disappointed after having to cancel our much anticipated beach get-a-way to Gulf Shores, Al. Due to the oil spill (thanks BP!) the beaches were closed and according to the rental property owners "there's a funny smell in the air but you can still come and enjoy the pool!" We decided to scrap it all and make our way south to Greune, TX and enjoy the hill country! It was much needed and a great little weekend retreat. I have so many pictures to share so I'm thinking this may be post 1 of 3 :)

On our way! Kris took this picture and at what angle...I'm not so sure! I love the HUGE smile and just had to share :)


Our first morning there we enjoyed coffee at a little shop down the street from our house. Elly decided she was going to head out into the great unknown...sans mom and dad of course!

"Ya'll go on without me. I'll blow you a kiss to remember me by!"


Our first full day, we made the trek to Fredericksburg. I have ALWAYS wanted to go. I usually envisioned a romantic weekend away, enjoying the wineries in the area. With a toddler in tow and a bun in the oven, it wasn't quite the romantic wine sipping weekend I had always had in mind ;) I did enjoy every minute and can't wait to go back!



Elly doesn't SIT in the stroller...she prefers to PUSH it!


Loved this!


Well...that's all I've got for now. We're off to celebrate Kris's big 3-0 with some great friends. I'm going to leave you in suspense as to where we stopped on way out of Fredericksburg. I'll give you a clue...we went to hang out with "Willie and Waylon and the boys"

No comments: