Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Believe it or not...I too can get sick!!

There is nothing I hate more than a patient showing up to the clinic with green snot running from their nose, sneezing all over me and my toys, and like today, with the most AWFUL cough I've ever heard come from a child. The best is when, mid session, a child tells you, "I didn't go to school today because I threw up." Lovely!! The parents response is always, "Oh, well that was this morning and they have been fine all day." I actually had a parent tell me ( and show me), at the end of the session of course, about the ringworm that she and her son had. It was spreading like crazy through his classroom, she informed me!!!!

So...as I blow my nose raw, cough up a lung and sneeze myself to sleep, I just wanted to put it out there that...I TOO CAN GET SICK!!!!! I must say, someone will pay if this cough wakes and irritates the "sleeping giants" I have worked SO hard to tame and put to sleep ;)

4 comments:

caroline said...

omg...the sleeping giants...I almost peed my pants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

two in fourteen months said...

RSV is running around like crazy! You might want to have a "nose swap" and make sure it is not what you have....hard time breathing, horrible cough, running nose, congestion....

Hayley said...

Good to know! I see my Doc tomorrow...I will ask him about it!

Sara said...

You poor baby!!! Let me know what they say! See you Saturday. :)