Saturday, December 11, 2010

Craft Day

As the weather gets a little chilly, I've been racking my brain for ideas to keep Elly busy and content, while staying toasty and warm! We made our way to the children's museum not too long ago where Elly discovered the play grocery store! She pushed her cart around that place like a crazy housewife on a mission :) Unfortunately, it's just not cost efficient to go every weekend. Today I decided to try out my first real craft with Elly! We started out simple, not too messy, not too complicated...a cute peel and stick owl ornament. I do crafts often with my kiddos at work and have always had...well, I guess you could call them control issues! I like for our crafts to turn out PERFECT. You know, the way they look in the picture. I always said I would be the mom who did her kids school projects :) This craft was no different. I would peel the sticker and put the piece exactly where it should have gone. Elly would watch and tell me "push, push!" and she would puuuuush it to make sure it was on tight! She LOVED it! I must admit, she REALLY LOVED pulling off all the owls parts and sticking them anywhere and everywhere...

Her mouth, the furniture, her face...


Of course IN her mouth...


And even on poor Sampson!


Elly caught in the act of torturing her poor owl! Good thing there were two in the package, mommy got to do one to her satisfaction and hang it high on the tree to keep him safe ;)

*Did you notice the gut on my little Cutie?!

1 comment:

DJ said...

She is adorable!! The owl is pretty cute too...!