Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pretty in Pink

Baby girl had her 2 month check-up today! She's a picture of perfection  according to Dr. Shaw (which we already knew of course!). She weighed in at 13 lbs. 11 oz. (98th percentile) and measured 22 1/2 inches long (50th percentile). Elly was along for the ride and was mommy's big helper. I tried to mentally prepare her all morning for those nasty shots that baby Emma was going to get. Of the three of us, Elly was by far the most affected by them! "Oh no! My baby Emma! It's ok my baby Emma!" Sweet sis :)  We made it home in one piece and Elly enjoyed a picnic while mommy snapped some pictures of the wore out baby Emma. I've been meaning to capture pictures of Emma in the sweet dress given to her by Aunt Marlene. I guess to Emma and Elly, she is their great great Aunt Marlene. Every summer as a child, myself and my cousin Kim would go and spend a week or so with Aunt Marlene and Uncle Bob. I have such fond memories of our time spent with them...trips to the Blue Bell factory, Omni, arboretum even a miniature horse farm! We would spend the hot Houston afternoon in the backyard, swimming in the pool and searching for lizards behind the wall clock (or was it a thermometer??) with Uncle Bob. I hope that one day soon, we can make the trip south with the girls and let them experience a little piece of my past. Love you Uncle Bob and Aunt Marlene!   



I think the bloomers are my favorite part!


Taking a break from her lunch to flash a little "cheeeeese"


No comments: