Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Brrrrr...

Sunday night I woke up to icicles forming on my toes. I got up to check the thermostat and to my horror it was 59 in our house!!!!! Two things went through my head, "something is wrong with the thermostat OR my husband is going to sleep outside if he turned off the heat before we went to bed." Turns out it was the thermostat. After some troubleshooting on our part, we figured out that it would work but only when it was on the fan. As soon as we would turn it to auto it would get all funky. So, we call our heater/ac man, James, to come on out and fix the problem! James gets here, clicks it over to auto, low and behold it runs like a charm! He tried everything to make the stupid thing act up...nothing! I thought of it as a little Christmas present. We didn't have to fork over a bunch of money to fix the stupid thing. An hour and a half later, our digital thermostat is out completely! Lets hope this is a quick fix and won't break the bank two days before Christmas :(

1 comment:

caroline said...

Did he ever make it back out today?

I'd come and snuggle with you to keep you warm, but um...you're too far away. :(