Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Elly!

Where oh where to begin! Elly is officially one year old today!! It has been a whirlwind of a year to say the least. As I listen to my TODDLER chatter in her crib (it's supposed to be nap time!), I just can't get over how quick the year flew by. One minute you're in a hospital bed being handed a newborn, not knowing where to begin or what to expect when you get home and it's just the three of you. The next thing you know, your world revolves around this little human. Striving for those special milestones, looking ridiculous as you try to catch that perfect smile on the camera. And still, not knowing what to expect or what the future holds. I can't imagine life with you Ellyson Jean! Happy Birthday!

Princess cake for a little princess!


We decided to rent a bounce house for the birthday party. We knew we would have some older kids and thought it would be fun for them. I never imagined that Elly would love it as much as she did! It was precious! She would stand up, look at you with such achievement, and drop down. Over and over again :)




Elly wasn't a big fan of her birthday cake. She loves to smear her food on her tray, so I figured she would have a grand time going to town on that cake! WRONG...she didn't like it on her hands and she didn't like the taste of it. She doesn't like sugar? I now question if she is actually mine.


"Grandpa, can you believe I am ONE?!"


Unfortunately, Elly woke up Monday with a 103.2 fever and feeling plain old yucky! We made it to the Dr. (they still claim a reaction to antibiotics...I question that!) and spent the day just relaxing at home, sans clothes...Well, for baby that is! The only thing Elly wanted to do was ride her Honey Poney. So, ride Honey Poney is what we did! Thanks to the Elly's friends Ashlyn and Addison for her favorite birthday present :) Living room, dining room, hallway, kitchen, hallway, dining room, living room...you get the idea.

Sleepy, sick baby :(


"Come on mom...enough with the pictures and PUSH!"


When daddy got home, we took Honey outside. Up and down the sidewalks we rode...

3 comments:

Ali said...

I can really tell how much better the pics are with your new camera! very nice! Ali

caroline said...

What a gorgeous little one year old! I'm glad she had a blast at her party! :) Happy Birthday Elly!

The Wallace Bunch said...

YAY, I'm so glad she likes it! I might just have to get Addison and Ashlyn one for us to have!!!