Thursday, April 8, 2010

Batter and Beaters

This past weekend marked the start of the much anticipated bathroom remodel at the Roebuck household! Seeing that we only have ONE bathroom, baby and I needed to get the heck out of dodge while this all went down. We made our way out to Granbury to spend the weekend with Nana and Grandpa. The twins made a surprise appearance as well :) To start the Easter weekend right, my mom whipped out her 1970's mixer (I do believe it was a hand-me-down from her mom!), and we got down to business making the annual lamb cake! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the finished product. Close your eyes and think of a sweet little edible lamb...there ya go...lamb cake :)

Had to throw in a picture of the mixer. I'm thinking a new Kitchen Aid for Christmas???


What's the best part of baking, you ask? Licking the beaters of course!





*Stay tuned for updates. I have some great pictures from our weekend. Too many for one post!

2 comments:

DJ said...

New Kitchen Aid sounds like a good idea - I may have to invest before Christmas gets here! Love the photos - your new camera was a great investment...

Anonymous said...

Yep!!! Licking the batter is the best part of cake making. Especially when you are not the one making the cake.
Hope you are well my friend!
christie