Saturday, February 12, 2011

Current Favorites

I decided to make a post of Elly's current favorites. These "current favorites" change so very often that I thought it would be nice to document as we reach our next big milestone...2 years! I can't believe how big our cutie is getting and that she is going to be two in just about a month! She's becoming more independent every day and the pictures below show it! One of MY current favorites is to ask, "Hey Elly...are you a baby or a big girl?" She replies with "BIG GIRL!" followed with "Mama's big girl, Dada's big girl, Papa's big girl, Nana's big girl" so on and so on. The family members change...sometimes it includes the dogs. "Hank's big girl" :) So...on with the list!

Walking Sampson, BY HERSELF! Don't even TRY to grab the leash!


Having a tea party. Don't even TRY to pour the tea...aka water ;) "Mama! I DO IT!"

...complete with "mellows". Which also make the fav list.


Edamame. Or as Elly says it, "Uh mama's". Sea Point Farms has frozen Edamame in little Dora snack bags. I must admit, I eat just as many as Elly. They are quite yummy! If I give Elly the bag, "mama bowl!" if I put them in a bowl, "hold bag!" Just no pleasing this child!


Baby Einstein and baby signs movies. Or in Elly speak, "meeba's" close but kinda odd word! They've been in a drawer for the last 6 months. Elly spotted them the other day and has been obsessed (to put it mildly) for the last two weeks. My head may explode if I have to watch these movies one. more. time...
I must admit, I love watching and listening to her as she watches them. Her speech and language is growing like crazy! She will point out and tell you everything that is happening. There's a part of the movie with kids tiptoeing and every time it comes on she yells, "Tiptoe! Tiptoe!" The stupid monkey puppets tickling each other..."monkey tickle!" Makes the speech therapist in me oh so proud ;)


Anything "Pretty". We refer to lots of things as "Elly's pretty's". Especially her tutus! This favorite changes often. Either she loves them and will wear them ALL day or wants nothing to do with them. This particular day she decided she needed to wear it to the sitter's. When I picked her up that afternoon, there she was..."pretty" and all! My sitter said she could barely get it off of her for nap!


Her glasses. Or as she refers to them, her "eyes" :)


Last but certainly not least, the return of Honey Pony! HP had been retired to the attic to make room for Elly's kitchen and all her STUFF (to put it nicely!). With the addition to the house happening, the electrician needed to get up there and do his thing which resulted in a mess of a house! All the stuff we have stored in the attic needed to be brought down for a few days. HP was amongst it all. It was like a late Christmas for Elly. "PONY! PONY!" followed by "RIDE PONY!"


As we get closer and closer to having a two year old, I try to cherish every moment. I don't sit back enough and take it all in. If it's not too late to make a resolution, that's mine! I'm looking forward to her two year check-up and to see all the stats. I'll be sure to update on the blog :)

No comments: