Friday, February 18, 2011

Spring Has Sprung

Just a reminder...this was two weeks ago today!


As much as we enjoyed our little taste of a REAL winter, we were ready for a little bit of this...


The weather this week has been as close to perfect as it can get! We are taking it all in with the knowledge of what a Texas summer consists of. Hot, hot and a little more HOT. We made our way down the street this afternoon. Elly loves to explore and investigate every rock, bug, stick, acorn (her new favorite!) along the way. Three houses down and back takes about 45 minutes! She's a definite nature lover, that's for sure! Today she decided to collect an array of little "acorns", aka rocks, put them in her pocket and walk to her favorite set of steps. She took all the rocks out of her pocket, cautiously placed them on the steps and started counting. "Two, five, eight." She'd bend over, get a little closer, "two, five, eight." Lay on her tummy, get her face even closer, and with those precious little fingers touching each one, "two, five, eight." This went on for a good 10 minutes! Have I mentioned how much I'm loving this stage? I think it's my favorite of her short little (almost) two years. I do believe I've said that about every stage up to this point :) Sitting back and just watching is pure entertainment!

Purple sparkle Converse All Stars? My kid's cooler than yours ;)


Btw...this dress is 3T!! BIG girl!!



I think I need to get a liiiiiitle closer...


According to Kris, we are about 3-4 weeks out from the addition being 100% complete. For his sake, we better be 3-4 weeks out from 100% completion! Lets do the math...33 weeks pregnant=7 weeks left...7 weeks minus 3-4 weeks= time to PANIC! We have decided to keep the nursery the same and move Elly into her new BIG girl room (currently our room). I want to make her new room extra special and I just don't think I'm going to have the time or energy to put all the "extra" into the special :(

View from the mudroom, through our new master bed, into the master bath. Not sure I'll know what to do with all the space! Cutie doing a once over on the trim work..."looks good guys!"


Makeshift walkway/stairs/Elly's slide. She scoots her booty down the board and makes her way back up to "side" (slide) down again. A splinter is inevitable before it's all said and done. I'm sure of it!

No comments: