Saturday, November 22, 2008

Yet another...

blog about my husband and his sleep talking. I'm sorry to announce it has reached a new level.

This morning Kris and I both had to work (yes it is SATURDAY!! YUCK!!). I had a rough night of sleep, tossing, turning and constantly having to use the restroom. So, come 5:00 a.m. I was watching the clock waiting for the alarm to go off at 5:30. I DO NOT like to be awake while Kris is sleeping. In the situation I always feel like I have something I just HAVE to tell him right then! So 5:30 finally rolls around. I get up, let Sam out to pee and just HAVE to tell Kris that an ambulance just drove down the street. He replies with "oh, really" Unenthused and unfazed. I get back in bed and tell him that I think it stopped on our street...Maybe at the TCU girls house or maybe at the old lady's house who always has the quilt show sign in her yard...that would make more sense since she is so old...maybe we should go outside and check it out...what do you think? I'm silenced with "oh my God you need to stop talking!" (and in his best Sampson voice) "Yeah mom shut it!" (back to Kris voice) "It is too early and if you don't stop I'm going to go and get a pen and um..." HUH? (Pause) "I'm still half asleep and I don't even know what that meant!" Yes, friends and family, Kris has started sleep talking while awake. I think we may have a problem!

2 comments:

caroline said...

poor Hayley...just wants some companionship. Don't worry my friend, I'm up at 7am (6am your time) EVERY day...so when Kris is talking in his sleep while awake, feel free to call me (as long at it's past 7!)

Sara said...

WOW!!! Kris is sooo funny. You can always call me H. I'm up all times of the night. :) Love you!