Sunday, September 13, 2009

WHAT?!

There's more out there than milk and rice cereal?! Tonight we decided to broaden little Elly's horizon's just a little bit more. I know I'm not supposed to introduce fruits and veggies till 6 months but...what's three days ;) With her 6 month b-day coming up on the 16th, I just couldn't wait to try out the yummy summer squash we made, and froze, last month. I think I was a little more excited than she was. I thought for sure that the taste of something new would bring shear joy to her chubby little face. Not so much. She ate it just as she would have, had it been her bland old cereal. Oh well...maybe in the upcoming weeks we can try out avocado (I've been told that's a good first for baby food). If she's anything like her mother, she will drool as her eyes roll back in her head with delight!

Come on now...at least give us a little smile!!!


Fat and...I guess happy



Elly has really started to discover (and LOVE) her voice! Here's a little video after her yummy dinner.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her video put a big grin on her Nana's face!!!

Kevin and Christen said...

try sweet potatoes - they were our boys first taste of "real food" and they devoured it!!! Avocados went well with them, too! Have fun with all the news tasty treats....

caroline said...

Avocado was Nathan's first food! And one of his favorites was butternut squash (but only the kind mommy made for him)....kudos to you for waiting until 6 months. Her tummy will thank you for it! :)