Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Splishin' and a Splashin'

We've had some crazy weather here in the south! Lots of rain, some hail here and there, and according to Elly, "bery loud sunder!" (very loud thunder). She was quite concerned about the woodpecker that has made a home in a tree in our backyard. Elly and daddy love listening for our little friend. When the rain started the other night she got a little worried...asking continuously about her "wet pecker". Lovely...I know :)

One of the many things we love about our street, are the number of young families. Elly has become quite fond of Colton and Banah (Savanah), a brother and sister who live a few houses down. After a big rain, Elly spotted the pair splishin' and a splashin' down the street with their dad. Ever since, Elly INSISTS on playing in the rain with her daddy! This day in particular, she went sans pants :)  If you would have told me 2 years ago that my kid would be playing in the dirty rain water, hair in her face, in a jammie shirt with no pants and homemade "tats" covering her legs, I would have GASPED and told you "not MY child!"
   

*Update* I think it's safe to say that my big girl is officially potty trained! Woo Hoo! She will even tell me when she has to go. I still ask constantly and usually get the response "ummmm nope" with such certainty! Lately, I'll catch myself just staring at her, trying to soak her up! Love this girl :) 

1 comment:

DJ said...

Amazing - amazing - amazing ...
love that "big ole camera"!