Friday, July 1, 2011

I'm All Manual Baby!

I've decided to make the switch to all manual with my camera! I bought a great book that I highly recommend for anyone with a dslr who wants to take it to the next level. Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. There are three different editions, I bought the most recent. He does a great job of explaining how to get that perfect exposure without being too technical for a novice like myself :) Within the first few pages he writes, "I tell my students that the only time I use the word 'auto' is if I have an Otto in my class." I thought that was pretty funny. So there you have it, no more auto for me! I did a lot of playing with the camera today and will keep on keeping on until I have it down!

Just in case you didn't know, it's HOT. No...seriously...it's "reallllly, reallllly HOT!" as Elly would say. Even with the heat, a momma and her girlies can only stayed holed up for so long. We decided to make the venture out to get a little fresh air before dinner tonight. Elly had been asking to go visit Barbara (Elly's favorite neighbor) and Maria (her new puppy!) all day. So we did a little chalk and made our way two doors down.


Come on mom! Are you coming or what?!

Barbara is an avid gardener and loves to work in her yard. Elly loves to sit on her front walk and touch her plants. I have to remind her each time to NOT pick the plants and flowers. We do not want to be responsible for Ms. Barbara having a heart attack! 

Little sister...chillin'

I thought I'd throw this one in here :)  Check out those cheeks! Emma is taking after her sister in the chunk department! This is a 6 mo. outfit!

2 comments:

DJ said...

Beautiful photos! It helps to have such cute subjects though!

caroline said...

WHOA!!! They look like twins!! I didn't realize how much alike they looked! :)