Sunday, July 10, 2011

Welcome Charlie!

Over the past few months I've been contemplating a new venture. In the past year I've developed a new love of photography. We bought our Canon DSLR right around Elly's first birthday. Since then, I have played with it and, for the most part, self taught myself the ropes. The workshop I took (by the oh so talented Heather Essian) gave me the motivation to learn my camera a little bit more. I've loved the switch to shooting manual. It makes a huge difference when you understand the relationship between your light and your settings. I feel like I have a lot of fine tuning to do, but am up for the challenge! Practice makes perfect, right?! I decided to step out of my comfort zone and offer myself up to a couple of friends ;) Today I headed to the Bass house for my first ever newborn shoot!  Back in the day, Kristy and I went to high school together. Thanks to Facebook, I have been able to keep up with her and her precious boys! Charlie is two weeks old and just about as cute as they come. I got all giddy inside when I walked up to big brother Connor's room and saw his argyle wall. I knew it would make for great pictures of their new little one...who, might I add, was WIDE awake for most of the session! When we made our way to Charlie's room, I got giddy again when I saw his big ole monogram on the navy wall. We all know I'm a sucker for a monogram :) Kristy, thanks for letting me invade your home and sneak in a little cuddle with your new one :)  







Sweet brothers :)


If you have any thoughts let me know! If you think I'm a horrible photographer and have no chance, please tell me! I surely don't want to be like the American Idol contestants whose mothers have always told them how fabulous their voices are and that they can do anything they put their minds to and are then shocked when they wind up on the outtakes ;)

8 comments:

Kate and Geoff said...

Incredible!!! I can't wait for my lesson tomorrow:)

Kristy Bass said...

I love them!!! Fantastic job! Thank you so much.

DJ said...

Beautiful job Hayley - great start!

caroline said...

Oh my, those are fabulous!! I wish you could've come taken the twins when they were itty bitty! Keep going girlie!!

Anonymous said...

Hayley you are such an amazing photographer! I am so glad you are pursuing one of your talents. Cant wait for you to take Holt's 6 month photos! -Ali

Heather said...

Beautiful friend! I'm so proud :). You've definitely got a great eye. Keep it up!!

Kevin and Christen said...

Im beyond excited for you.....so proud!! You have an eye, a passion, and lots of support!! ;-)

Mallory said...

Hayley,

I found your blog because you commented around me on Kelle Hampton's blog. Your name caught my eye because my niece's name is also Hayley!

I also am an aspiring photographer and I have to say, your newborn work is AMAZING!

If you've never heard of Rock The Shot, you should definitely check it out. It's a forum for photographers of all skill levels. It has brought my own photography to a whole new level!