Monday, October 20, 2008

Omelet anyone?

Something I have come to accept and love about my husband, is his odd habit of sleep talking. The first time it happened, I must admit, I was a little taken aback. Waking up to Kris tearing through my clean, freshly folded, stack of clothes demanding "WHERE'S MY CRACK! WHERE'S MY CRACK!" was a little concerning. Obviously, I'm not talking about mumbling and nonsense you can't make out, I'm talking intense! On certain occasions he will get out of bed while having a completely absurd conversation with me as though he needs to stand up to really get his point across. A few weeks ago, I wake up to Kris pacing across the bedroom. He stops at the dresser, turns to look at me and asks, as if he were completely lucid and awake, "Would you like me to make you an omelet in the morning?" Sure! Veggie please!

Last night it happened again. At about 3am Kris sits up and begins to tell me that Pancho and Nelson (two of his workers) had better hang the magazine from the string at the right length or they will be in trouble. Deciding to play along I ask, "How will they know if it is the right length?" Kris-"Oh! By God they will know!" I giggle and fall back asleep. At around 4:30 I wake up to Kris's hysterical laughter followed by "Oh by God they will know!"

Of course this morning he had no idea what I was talking about. Just a funny quirk I love about my husband :)

PS...wait till you see my updated pictures of the "nursery" progress. You won't believe your eyes! Blog to follow this week :)

2 comments:

caroline said...

omg, I love Kris! He is so funny!

And please don't keep us in suspense long...I'm dying to see pics here!!

Sara said...

Oh my gosh I would be dying laughing! "Where's my crack????" I bet you thought- maybe he's a recovering addict? HA HA!! That's the funniest thing ever. :)

Please post nursery pics soon!! I can't wait! Come over this week and try on maternity clothes and get Elly's present too! :)