Sunday, October 26, 2008

Blue room no longer!

As the weekend comes to an end, I am ready for some tequila and a cigarette! Actually, I don't smoke and tequila makes me do bad things. Oh yeah...and the whole 5 months preggo thing :)
We have had quite the busy weekend fixing up the nursery. I feel like I now can call it the nursery without the "quotes". From the get go, my mom and I had planned on her making all of my bedding. We spent Thursday evening checking out fabric stores. With no success, we made our way over to Babies R Us to register. Kris had made it quite clear he wanted no part of that! So who better than your husband to have by your side? Your own mom of course! As we made our way around the store we came up to the clearance section and there it was...Exactly what we had been looking for at the fabric stores, minus the blood, sweat and tears wasted over the sewing machine. On sale no less! So we went ahead and made the executive decision to purchase. From that point on, I was on a mission. I spent all day Saturday painting and Kris and I ( and the sweet Patricks!) spent today putting together the crib and bedding. See the amazing transition below...


Charm isn't the only thing that comes with an old house. Don't forget about foundation problems! Little Austin will be pleased when he sees this fixed. EVERY time he would get a diaper change on the old bed, he would look up with fear and worry and tell me, in his sweet concerned voice, "Uncle Kris needs to fix!" (I think he had visions of the ceiling falling in on him!) Kris worked his tail off cutting out old repair jobs and re-mudding the entire ceiling! You go Uncle Kris!



He even cleaned up this mess! Jealous ladies?

Goodbye blue...Hello PINK

The infamous BLAAAACK crib!


Childhood dresser+2 cans of black spray paint=saving $400 on a dresser :)
Will also double as a changing table. My next mission...finding fun drawer pulls!



Now the really fun part begins...decorating!!

2 comments:

caroline said...

OH MY GOD!! The room looks fabulous...and more importantly, I can't believe how far you got in such a short time!!!!

Ok, all this new baby/nursery stuff has me baby hungry...I might have to stop visiting your blog.

And the black dresser??? Looks brand freakin' new! Wow, is all I can say! :)

Sara said...

It is absolutely precious!! I LOVE the bedding...it's perfect! :) Elly is a lucky little girl! Love you!