Thursday, October 15, 2009

Apple Pie anyone?

I have had a few requests for my yummy, yummy apple pie recipe! So...here it is (with the appropriate credit of course!).

Before I got married, my mom's dear friend, Donna Christman, threw me a bridal shower out in Granbury. One of their friends, Connie Angel, gave me the most wonderful gift...her favorite recipes! The 'Harvest Table Apple Pie With Delicious Crunchy Nut Topping' was one of them. It has now become a staple at the Berry/Coyle holiday's!


Pastry for two pie crust

FILLING:
6-8 medium apples
2 T cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 T sugar
3 T melted butter or margarine
1/3 C Karo Blue Label Syrup
TOPPING:
1/4 C brown sugar
2 T flour
3 T Karo Blue Label Syrup
2 T softened margarine or butter
1/4 C chopped pecans or walnuts


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Prepare crust.

Fill bottom shell with peeled and sliced apples. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, sugar, margarine and Karo syrup. Pour over apples. Cover with top crust and bake for approximately 30-35 mins. or until crust is brown and apples almost tender.

Before removing from oven, make topping by mixing brown sugar, flour, syrup, margarine and nuts. Pour over top of hot pie when removed from the oven. Place pie pan on a larger pan or foil to catch topping that may run off. Return to oven for about 3-5 mins. or until topping is bubbly.


Makes 1 (9 inch) pie.


ENJOY!!!
Hey mom! I think I'm ready to try some apple pie!

1 comment:

caroline said...

I'm making this, this weekend, with the last of my apples!! Thank you!

And Elly's picture is gorgeous! Is it possible that her eyes are getting more blue?? :)