Friday, October 23, 2009

HARVEST Moon Festival

I stand corrected from my last post...It was the Harvest Moon Festival, not the Full Moon Festival, that we enjoyed last weekend with Nana! I actually don't have any pictures from the festival itself (oops!) but I do have some from the fun filled day. We started our day at my parents house, where my mom had an oldie but goodie "new" (gotta love the neighborhood garage sale!) toy for Ellyson! She was quite intrigued by the loops, climbs and falls of the oh so pretty beads. She looked at, studied and grabbed them, but inevitably she did all that she could to make sure they ended up in her mouth :) We made our way to the square in downtown Granbury, where we walked around the tents and of course bought a few teeny bows for our teeny girl. We then made our way to Hank's for a little lunch. I enjoyed a turkey sandwich, my mom enjoyed her BLT and Elly...enjoyed her toes AND her new found freedom in a restaurant highchair!!!! She looked at, studied and grabbed the straps, but inevitably she did all that she could to make sure she got her mouth on it...Eeeeewwwww! Oh the oral fixation of this girl!


Mmmmm...the orange ones taste like pumpkin pie!

Mmmm...my toes taste like chicken!

How do I best go about getting this in my mouth? I bet it tastes like the flu AND cold virus all rolled into one!
*time to break out the shopping cart cover from Auntie Caroline! This mommy is one HUGE germ-a-phobe!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funreliving that fun day!

caroline said...

Oh yea, the cart cover would be PERFECT for the high chair!! :) I can't wait to see a picture with her in it!!

Didn't you have one of those loop-d-loop things when you were a kid? i remember playing with it at your house....

Hayley said...

I sure did!