Friday, May 7, 2010

I Love...

...Friday's off! There's just something about having a weekday off work. Don't get me wrong...I love a good Saturday or Sunday, but there's a different type of energy about a workday. Or maybe I should say, LACK of energy! Getting up leisurely (meaning 6:45 instead of 6:00!) and reading a book instead of whisking Elly to her chair, getting her fed, dressed and out the door. Starting the day off with that Hungry Caterpillar, and listening to my baby "read" it back to me...it just doesn't get much better than that! Oh, how that sweet little voice just melts me! After breakfast, we head out for our 7:30 morning walk, in jammies of course! Once again, that sweet little voice! Chatting it up along the way. Her newest favorites, "Hiiiiii" and "Uhhh ohhhh". Over and over just taking it all in. As we walk, we pass other mommy's walking their babies to the elementary school at the back of our neighborhood. I LOVE our neighborhood! Before I know it, I will be that mommy walking MY baby to school. Oh my! I can't think about that :(

So...what's on agenda for today, you ask? The zoo with Elly's BFF Abby. Ahhhh...How I love Friday's off work :)


Ready, set, lets WALK!
One of our neighbors has a bush along the sidewalk. EVERY time we walk by it, Elly has to stick out her little fingers and touch the leaves :)
Chilling in the stroller! Elly either has legs spread out wide, or...
...crossed like a little lady :)
I love seeing those little feet peeking out, one over the other!
Forget these straps! I need more freedom! (she has decided she does NOT like her arms under the straps!)
Ahhhh...much better! (Take notice of Elly's new curls :) SO cute!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is such a CUTIE!!!! Yes Fridays, you are one lucky lady!!! :)

christie