Friday, May 21, 2010

Play With Me!

Elly has finally discovered that her room is pretty darn cool! It's as though she looked in the big green box (which has been there about 9 months) and discovered gold. She gets a look in her eye and all but says, "What the...this thing is filled with TOYS!" I remember being a kid and going through my closet, rediscovering all my toys. Forgetting that I had EVERY My Little Pony ever created. That oh so cool Strawberry Shortcake doll...when you squeezed her tummy she would blow 'strawberry breath'. And not to leave out, the Shirley Temple and Barbie dolls that belonged to my mom! They both came in the coolest travel boxes! I would have them all scattered around me...a sea of toys...taking in all of their greatness.

The minute we get to her room, Elly heads over to that box, bends half her body over the edge and begins flinging every toy out of it. She needs to be able to see exactly what her options are :)


In the last month, she has started figuring out how her toys actually work and WANTS to make them work. I think in the past she knew how to play with the ball popper, but would rather shake it and chunk it at Sampson. If she can't get something to work, it is like a switch goes off! A mix of Kris's hard head and my lack of patience...the girl can get H-O-T!


Not quite strong enough to make it go like Mommy does...


...which does not make for a happy baby!
An then there's the rocking chair :) This was mine growing up, which my mom saved and handed over around Christmas. As shared in a previous post, Elly has discovered climbing. Up in the chair, rock rock by mommy, down from the chair. Repeat this about 50 times and it is the equivalent of heaven for my little love! Not so much for mommy :)

And not to leave out the books! Elly loves reading her books! She'll gather about 5 all around her and go from one to the other. Dragging one to the rocking chair, do a little reading, and go back for another. Drag the next onto the ottoman, do a little reading, and go back for another. Carry one in her teeth (yes, she still transports her little treasures this way) to her pink 'Ellyson' chair, do a little reading, and on to the next. It is quite entertaining to watch :) Hopefully she'll be more of a reader than her mommy. I'm still working on the last chapters of the book I started when I was pregnant :)

1 comment:

DJ said...

So sweet - I want to hug both Roebuck girls!