Friday, May 22, 2009

You are not going to believe...

what happened last night!! Kris choked on the screws he swallowed at 1am!! We had a very interesting night to say the least. It all started with Kris's 1am choking scare. He shoots up in bed staring straight ahead and not moving. It of course wakes me up and I ask if everything is ok...no answer. I ask again if he is ok. He replies with "You're not going to believe it...I think I swallowed them!" "The screws...I need to get them out!" I then realize he is sleep talking. So I calmly tell him he is ok and to lay down. He frantically replies with "It's not f-ing ok!!!!!" He then came to and apologized for being so mad. We giggled a little bit and go back to sleep. 4am rolls around and I half wake up to a crying, hungry baby. I'm up pacing the room yelling at Kris "wake up! We need to feed the baby! I need your milk to feed the baby!" His odd reply..."I PUT THE RING OVER THERE!" Just when I thought Kris was the only one with weird sleep habits, I go and think he is the one who can breastfeed the baby :) At least we can be odd together!

4 comments:

caroline said...

you poor sleep deprived new parents...you're becoming delusional! Get in a nap today!!

btw, in some cultures, men DO breastfeed their babies...I kid you not...men have mammary glands too!! ;)

Anonymous said...

It's always good to know that my husband isn't the only one who sleep-talks. I can only imagine what interesting things he'll come up with when we're new parents...
~Leanna :)

Anonymous said...

Do you think Elly will be a sleep talker too??? Mom

Heather said...

bahahaa! that's so funny Hayley! awe bless your hearts :)