Sunday, May 3, 2009

Knock on wood

I'm going to knock on some wood before I begin this post...

I think we may be on our way to a bedtime schedule!!! That has been one of the hardest adjustments for me...not having a schedule for Elly. Everybody tells me that as a newborn, she makes her own schedule. I understand that but it still drives me crazy! Since day one I have not been able to get Elly down in her crib, and stay asleep for more than 15 mins., before 10:30 or 11:00. The last two nights in a row she has gone down at 8:30 and stayed down! Last night she even slept until 3:15! This couldn't come at a better time since, unfortunately, I will be starting back to work soon. I have to be able to afford all those bows and flowers :) Oh yeah, and a little thing called a mortgage payment.

By the way...I don't want any comments about how Elly will now revert back to being two days old and wake up every two hours after making this post. That is why I knocked on wood before I started :)
Elly supervising mommy's work in the flowerbeds..."move that begonia a little to the right!"
Have I mentioned how much she LOVES to be outside?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea - a schedule! How fun to be so far from home and see new pictures of sweet little Elly! Mom

Kevin and Christen said...

Here'a a few words of encouragement for ya....my boys have slept through the night since 3mths (minus a few nights last week with William). My advice, continue to lay her down at 8:30 and give her a little time to cry it out (if she starts to get fussy).She'll soon realize this is her time to go night night and she'll be on her way to dreamland before ya know it :) Congrats to two days of SLEEP!!! :)

Hayley said...

Great advice!! Keep it coming!!

Traci said...

I did one of these posts a couple weeks ago....I must have forgot to knock on wood. I think Ava just wants to make sure I never get used to sleeping through the night until she has a sibling??? Who knows, I give up!! Who needs 8 straight hours anyway??

caroline said...

Go Elly!

She is so stinkin' cute...and looking more and more like you everyday!