Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Small Things

While paying some bills tonight, I suddenly had an old memory flood back to me. It made me realize the impact of the small things and how they can leave funny memories of their own! It may be the wine talking, but I'm feeling a little "journal-ie" tonight. Since I don't have a journal, the next closest thing would be my good ole blog!

It all started with an ADD evening (started cleaning the tub, realized I still had towels in the dryer, went to fold towels, saw some bills that needed paying, started writing checks, went to get my address labels which are by the dryer, forgot about my towels and finished folding them...I'm exhausted just typing that!). As I was putting my address labels on a few bills, and sipping wine in between, I remembered when my mom would let me pick out my own address labels as a kid. She would hand me the catalogue and I would thumb through it a million times dog-earing the pages of ones that I took a liking to. Bears dancing on a piano jumps out at me! Do you remember those mom?! Who would have thought that address labels would do that to a 10 year old! Being a mommy of my own now, I hope that I remember the impact of the little things. It's not always about the biggest, best and most expensive...sometimes a little sticky paper with words and numbers (and maybe a dancing bear or two) will make the most impact :)



Can't blog without Cutie!! We just finished up Elly's swim lessons!! She sure enjoyed the first couple lessons. After that she was bored and ready to do her own thing. That pretty much sums up our days...The girl knows what she wants and will scream until she gets it ;)

2 comments:

DJ said...

Makes a mom smile!

Kevin and Christen said...

made me smile, too! Love your mama and can only imagine how much fun she was when you were a little tike....
I must say, you may need to start rethinking your profession - your pics are outstanding! I'm SO impressed my friend! Love that little Elly - can't wait to love and hug on her