Thursday, April 2, 2009

chunky monkey

The morning started off a little rough. Elly had her two week checkup this morning. It was our first visit with this Dr. and at this office. While trying to get out the door, I realized that I didn't have my phone and I couldn't find it anywhere. I have come to realize that a day starting with a lost phone = a bad day! We had to get out the door so I leave minus one phone. We get on the road with just enough time to get to the Dr. I knew approximately where the office was and had the address, 1108 Henderson. Literally down the street from the house. I drive down "Henderson" back and forth between the 1100 and 1200 block. No Dr. office in sight! I probably drove back and forth about 10 times. By now I'm running late and of course I can't call to tell them I'm lost because I don't have my stupid phone. I finally got out, baby in tow, went up to an office building and asked a woman if she knew where FW pediatrics was. I said that the address was 1108 Henderson and I couldn't seem to find it. Well...the reason I couldn't find it was because I was driving up and down Hemphill!!! As I said earlier, this is literally down the street and I drive Hemphill everyday to work. If only I was still pregnant I would blame it on "preggo brain". So I head down the road to the actual Henderson and find the office. I end up turning in the "do not enter" side of the parking lot and while trying to turn around I back into a telephone pole! All before 10:30...not a good sign for the rest of the day. We finally made it in with no other complications!

This office was recommended by a good friend with the warning that the office is a throw back to the 70's. Boy was it! All in all the visit went well and I really liked Dr. Shaw. She was quite impressed with my little chunky monkey who weighed in at 8 lbs. 13 oz.(she was 7lbs 9oz at birth)!!! She said that was great for a breastfed baby. I guess that means I'm doing something right :) We'll see what happens in two weeks at her 1 month checkup!

5 comments:

caroline said...

holy moly, chunky monkey!! That's awesome!! You've got some super mommy's milk there...you go girl!

Kevin and Christen said...

Oh the stories.....they'll be plenty more nerve wracking days to come and you'll look back at this blog and laugh, one day. :)

Traci said...

Wow!! Big babies are the best!! She is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a day! You never let on during our phone conversation that you had suffered a "prego brain" kind of day! I learn so much from your blog! Glad to have helped with the phone.... Mom
p.s. love that "chunky monkey"...

Sara said...

Hello-oh my gosh!! I literally just got off the phone with you and you never mentioned the telephone pole or the lost phone! :) Like your Mom said- you keep it together so well! You're doing such a wonderful job as a Mommy. Elly is a lucky little girl! Love you both. xoxo