Monday, June 29, 2009

Avocado Bread

You didn't misread the title...I said avocado bread!! I am quite the fan of the yummy, delish, green...fruit? Is the avocado a fruit? Anyways, I'm such a lover of good ole homemade guacamole. I rarely make it because Kris won't eat it, therefore I eat it all! We had some friends over for dinner, so of course I whipped up a batch. After stopping myself from taking a spoon to the left over avocado, I googled 'avocado recipes' and came up with the following recipe...

Avocado Bread
2 cups flour
3/4 c sugar (I added an extra 1/4 c brown sugar and some cinn. to make it a little more sweet)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 med. avocado (mashed)
1 egg
1/2 c buttermilk

Preheat oven to 375 and generously grease a 9x5 loaf pan
combine dry ingredients and whisk together
in a separate bowl, mix avocado and egg then stir in buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients and blend well.
Pour in loaf pan and bake 50 mins to 1 hour

It was very yummy! Kris hates avocado so I made him try it before I told him what it was. Even he loved it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I have printed it out and will be trying it soon.

Thank you for posting it. ;)
Christie